October 6, 2010

Post image for Devilishly Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Muffins: FREE printable recipe guides for children

These muffins are so easy two little kiddos can make them. No seriously, they’re that simple. And they even taste good. But we won’t tell the kiddos that the pumpkin is actually good for them! I dare everyone not to take a taste while whipping up these muffins! Look for the FREE printable recipe guide for children at end of this post.

Ingredients:

1 box Devil’s Food Moist Cake Mix,   1 can Solid Pack Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix),   Confectioner’s Sugar (optional)

Tools:

Mixing Bowl,  Hand Mixer,  Muffin Tins,  Cupcake Tin Liners,  Spatula

*preheat oven to 350?

*makes 12 large muffins

Step 1:   Slowly mix together cake mix and pumpkin.

Step 2:  Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Step 3:  Fill liners with muffin mix and bake in oven for 20 minutes.

Step 4:  Sprinkle cooled muffins with confection’s sugar.

Take a big bite and enjoy! They’re rich and moist and chocolate!

Print this recipe FREE: Devilishly Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Muffins

A Few Tips:

Take a lick: While the muffins bake lick the spatula! There aren’t any eggs in the batter. So go ahead, take a lick! Yummy!

Experiment with add-ins: Try some cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or chocolate chips!

Miss Enigma will be celebrating her birthday on Halloween night. I’m thinking we will bake these up and skip the sugary-iced cupcakes. I know there will already be plenty of sugar to go around Halloween night!

Alice October 6, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Well, we are going to have to try this one, how simple!!!

maryanne October 6, 2010 at 6:51 pm

These sound yummy! I have a friend who does this same thing with Ghirardelli brownie mix, and they taste great.

Alice October 12, 2010 at 6:58 pm

I have to come back and leave a review. We did these and they are delicious! I did them with a white cake mix also, for a more pumpkin looking muffin, and they were equally as good. I think that you could try a spice cake mix also. Anything goes!!

Hear Mum Roar October 12, 2010 at 7:11 pm

What a yummy way to get some veges into them!

amandab October 16, 2010 at 4:50 am

Princess will only eat pumpkin roasted, so this might be a way to sneak it in without her knowing! I love pumpkin and am planting two varieties in my garden this year, can’t wait until they are ready :)

Jackie October 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm

oh, I needed this about 2 weeks ago when I attempted to make Pumpkin muffins for my bible study class. 3 batches of failure later, I ended up bringing store bought muffins. This looks like a more low fat way to enjoy choc cake too! Yum!

april October 26, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Thanks for visiting – your recipes look good and easy for kids! I haven’t done any recipes directly for my son yet – I usually just let him do the steps that he can do in meals I already plan on making, like adding the seasonings or stirring or adding water, pulsing the food processor etc. I’ll have to try a few of these!