1, 2, Easy Spice Pumpkin Muffins: FREE printable recipe guides for children

October 27, 2010

Post image for 1, 2, Easy Spice Pumpkin Muffins: FREE printable recipe guides for children

We first tried this Devilishly Delicious and Easy pumpkin recipe with Devil’s Food Moist Cake Mix. The chocolate and pumpkin combination was so yummy it got our creative taste buds going. This time around we traded the Devil’s Food mix for a Spice Cake mix. Once again we’ve hit the jackpot on easy and delicious. How much easier can it get than just two ingredients?

Ingredients:

1 box Moist Deluxe Spice Cake Mix,   1 can Solid Pack Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix),   Confectioner’s Sugar (optional)

Tools:

Mixing Bowl,  Hand Mixer,  Muffin Tins,  Cupcake Tin Liners,  Spatula

*preheat oven to 350?

*makes 12 large muffins

Step 1: Slowly mix together cake mix and pumpkin.

Step 2: Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Step 3: Fill liners with muffin mix. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.

(Miss Enigma couldn’t stop herself from taking a little taste. Yummy, yummy! These are just for our family, so what’s wrong with a little finger licking good?)

Step 4: Sprinkle cooled muffins with confection’s sugar.

No eggs in this batter, so go ahead and take a lick while the muffins bake!

Print the recipe FREE: Easy Spice Pumpkin Muffins

We’re baking these and the Devilishly Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Muffins for Miss Enigma’s Halloween Birthday this weekend. We’re going to do a little more experimenting. We’ll let you know how it goes!

What are your Halloween plans? And what will you do with all of that candy?

Life with Joyce and Jeannine

adventurez in child rearing Oct. 2012

Anne October 27, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Yum – my brain was already headed to spice cake when I saw your devil’s food recipe! I was thinking of layering chocolate and spice batter in mini loaf pans as easy little gifts to share with our neighbors!

Deb October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

THREE ingredients? No eggs or oil? That’s my kind of cooking. I will try these very soon. They sound delicious!

Oh – I want to get my six year old son a cookbook for Christmas. I have checked out a few, but I want him to learn to cook real food, not just chop up hotdogs and sprinkle them on canned biscuit dough. You guys are the book experts – any suggestions? I’d love it if you knew of a few. Thx!

Colleen - Sunrise Learning Lab October 27, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for sharing the pumpkin muffin recipe. Sounds yummy!

Kirsten is Comfortably Domestic October 27, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I can’t get enough pumpkin muffins, this time of year. I think it’s great that your kids can put together the recipes.

Thanks for stopping my my blog the other day. I appreciate it. It’s always nice to meet new bloggers!

As for Deb, my current favorite kid cookbooks are:
Kinder Crunchies
Emeril’s There’s a Chef in My Soup
And Pioneer Woman’s

My boys regularly cook out of all of those cookbooks, and mostly by themselves.

Cathryn Falwell October 29, 2010 at 1:23 am

Wow! What a delightfully simple way to make pumpkin muffins! I have some small friends who will really enjoy making these. Thanks!
Great photos, too, by the way.
I included a recipe for Pumpkin Apple bread in the back of my book, “Mystery Vine.” More than 3 ingredients, though!

Deb October 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Thank you, Kristen for the book suggestions! I am going to check these out right now!

Jeannine October 29, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Deb, If your son is just getting started with cooking you might try Pretend Soup.

In our post on 6 Lessons Children learn from Cooking we share a list of cookbooks for children. Take a look at this list. I’m sure you’ll find just what you’re looking for. :)

6 Lessons Children learn from Cooking

Jeannine October 29, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Thanks for the link! We’re going to look for “Mystery Vine” at the library. We love to garden and cook!

Jeannine October 29, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Kristen thank you for sharing cookbooks for children! :)

Kerri Bryan October 30, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Hello fellow Texas!
Thank you for popping over to my blog. I hope you found a few good recipes.

I am enjoying all of the items that I got in Fredricksburg. :)

MaggieRuns November 1, 2010 at 9:50 am

These are so simple!! Thanks! (and thanks to your readers for the other cookbook suggestions!)

Kirsten is Comfortably Domestic November 1, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Hi, Joyce! Yes, we did make the muffins. Or shall I say, my 5 year old made the muffins all by himself. He was so proud, and the muffins were delicious.