Some of you are familiar with my journey to Cambodia and the children who have forever stolen a piece of my heart. If you have no idea what I’m talking about: My Journey Begins Here!
Since the children in Cambodia are trying to learn English, I created a simple color book for them. The children of our church illustrated the pictures and sent the books to them as a gift. Now each of the children in Cambodia have their very own book!
During this Easter season full of so many spring colors, we thought your children might enjoy illustrating this simple color book.
God Made the Colors of the World
You can find the FREE printable book link at the end of the post.
- Just to make our illustrations a little more interesting, we did a different art medium on each page.
- For home school, we took our time, moving from one art medium to another (Miss Enigma, age 4, worked much faster than MacGyver, age 7). This allowed the children to take their time and develop their illustrations.
- For the school / church setting, I set up five stations; one for each illustration and art medium. The children rotated through the stations creating their illustrations.
Station 1 – green collage trees
- green scrap paper / tissue paper
- brown scrap paper/ tissue paper or brown markers / crayons
Station 2 – blue water color oceans
- blue water color paints (with younger children, I only give them blue paint)
- water colors paints (older children can mix shades of blues with hints of greens, purples, whites . . . )
Station 3 – yellow glitter sun
- yellow markers or yellow crayons
- yellow or gold glitter
- red & green oil pastels
- or you could also use markers, crayons or colored pencils
Station 5 – white cotton ball clouds
- cotton balls
- blue paper
- (You can run the last page on blue paper so the white cotton will show-up. Or the children can paint a sky.)
- (I teach the children how to pull the cotton balls apart to make a thin cloud or they’ll end up with great big bumps in their books.)
This next little diddy comes straight from Miss Enigma, age 4. While working on her illustrations, Miss Enigma started singing her book to the tune of “I Love The Mountains.” My heart did a little leap for joy as she sang her own song. At age four, she knows how to create a song adaptation!
God Made The Colors of The World
Sung to the tune of “I Love the Mountains”
God made the green trees.
God made the blue oceans.
God made the yellow sun.
God made the red flowers.
God made the white clouds floating in the sky.
God made the World.
God made the World.
Print this song adaptation FREE: God Made The Colors of The World
Print this book FREE: God Made The Colors of The World
Print this book FREE: God Made The Colors of The World (blank cover)