Book of the Week GIVEAWAY: Does A Kangaroo Have A Mother , Too? by Eric Carle
Why we love this book:
This book celebrates mothers! The simple, repetitive rhyme highlights animals and their mothers making it a natural shared reading experience,
“Does A Kangaroo have a mother, too? YES! A KANGAROO has a mother. Just like me and you.” With a few pauses here and there, children quickly chime in on the patterned text as it introduces each new animal and its mother.
Simple little books can pack big learning opportunities:
- collage art
- animal names and beginning sounds
- simple, high frequency words: yes, has, like, me, and, you, does, have, too, love
- punctuation: exclamation point, question mark, period
Mother’s Day Projects
Mother’s Day Portraits: samples of Mommy Portraits and Children’s Conversations about Mommy
Handmade Mother’s Day Cards: step by step collage directions and samples
Easy Photo Frames: step by step directions and samples
- We painted these photo frames at Christmas but at the time I thought they would make a lovely Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gift.
Container Herb Gardens: step by step directions, soil mixture and samples
- Since both Grandma’s love to garden, the kiddos usually plant a special container garden for their Mother’s Day Gifts
Mosaic Flower Pot from Family Fun Magazine
- Read the reviews for tips to make this project a success
Recipe Guides for Children: Mother’s Day Breakfast or Lunch
- This year I might take the entire day off and have the kiddos cook up all of the meals. They do know how to cook breakfast and lunch.
- I’m dreaming of breakfast in bed!
Life with Jeannine
We’re GIVING AWAY one hardcover copy of Does A Kangaroo Have A Mothers, Too? by Eric Carle.
To enter this contest, just answer the following question in the comments section of this post.
What is your favorite Eric Carle book? (Or just say “Hey.” We’re flexible around here.)
One entry per person, please.
No entries after 8:00 pm Central Time, Thursday, May 3, 2012
The winner must be a resident of The United States.
The winner will be selected at random and announced Friday, May 4, 2012. Check back to claim your prize. It might be you!
Sharing this week at: