Book of the Week GIVEAWAY: The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
Why we love this book:
More than anything children want to know that they are loved and they are safe. The story of The Kissing Hand assures children that no matter where they go or what they do, “‘Mommy loves you. Mommy loves you.” When little Chester raccoon is frightened to leave Mommy to go off to school, Mommy shares the secret of The Kissing Hand. It doesn’t get much sweeter than this story for Mother’s Day!
The Kissing Hand Mother’s Day Card
On pinterest, I saw a sample of a child’s hands cut-out to form a heart. I immediately thought of the book The Kissing Hand and Mother’s Day. The children created one of a kind collage Kissing Hand Mother’s Day cards.
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- white card-stock
- tissue paper
Step 1: Trace Hand
- fold card-stock in half
- trace child’s hand with thumb and pointer finger placed on fold of paper
Step 2: Collage Hand
- unfold card-stock and collage entire side of card stock covering hand areas
- you don’t have to trace both hands, you’ll fold again and cut in next step
- it doesn’t matter if child glues outside of lines as the hands will be cut-out
- let the glue dry
- This step is totally optional. You could finger paint or decorate with any art medium. Or you could cut-out the plain paper and be done!
- fold paper in half once again
- cut-out hand, leaving thumb and pointer finger attached
- younger children will need help with this step
The Kissing Hands are ready for a special message for Mommy, Grandma or even Daddy on Father’s Day.
Life with Jeannine
We’re GIVING AWAY one copy of The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.
To enter this contest, just answer the following question in the comments section of this post.
What is the hardest thing you’ve had to let your child do? Go off to school or summer camp? Go off to volunteer in South Africa? The hardest goodbye I had was when I left my little kiddos to volunteer in Cambodia. I can’t believe I’m going to Cambodia again this summer! (Or just say “Hey.” We’re flexible around here.)
One entry per person, please.
No entries after 8:00 pm Central Time, Thursday, May 10, 2012
The winner must be a resident of The United States.
The winner will be selected at random and announced Friday, May 11, 2012. Check back to claim your prize. It might be you!
Sharing this week at: