Book of the Week GIVEAWAY: Colors Everywhere by Sam McBratney
Why we love this book:
Sweet Little Nut Brown Hare and Big Nut Brown Hair are back with another day full of exploration, conversation and love. What a perfect way to spend Father’s Day. . .
A simple day spent getting to know each other’s favorite colors. Of course, Big Nutbrown’s favorite shade of brown is the color of Little “Nutbrown” Hare. This book makes me want to hug my kiddos and their Daddy too! The child and father relationship in this book is just that darn sweet.
In our family, we like to keep holiday celebrations personal and simple. No over the top expensive gifts. This week we’re combining Father’s Day and summer art exploration to create one of a kind gifts for Daddy. Expression through art is always a focus here at wadllee-ah-chaa. Summertime is especially nice because it gives us a little more free time to let the children explore and find their artistic voices.
This week we begin with Artwork and Books for Daddy. These special holidays stir-up visions of grand arts and crafts creations. In contrast, how about a little book making dedicated to Daddy. How proud Daddy will be when his little one reads a book she has personally written and illustrated.
I See Colors Everywhere: FREE printable book
- FREE printable book: I See Colors Everywhere
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils, pastels, watercolors, etc.
Writing and the Illustrating Book
- Each page of the book focuses on a different color.
- The kiddos love going for walks and playing games of I Spy . . .
- The children illustrate each color page with one item.
- Any art materials can be used for the illustrations.
- Some children are ready to write their own words. Others like Miss Enigma, age 5, will need assistance.
- The children practice reading their books for Daddy.
- As an alternative the children can write their own book.
- I wrote these words on a little sentence strip for Miss Enigma.
- I cut the words apart and she glued them into her little book.
- You can see how I am teaching her to leave a space between each word.
- These spaces help build the concept of words and one-to-one pointing.
Pen & Ink and Water Color Paintings
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
Collage Art Illustrations
Peek! A Thai Hide-and-Seek by Minfong Ho
- The illustrator, Holly Meade, has created rich, deeply vibrant, textured, collage works of art that highlights a special day of hide-and-seek between father and daughter.
- Step-by-step directions for teaching the technique of Collage Art Illustrations.
En Plein Air Painting
The Green Grass Grew All Around
The Color Wheel and Mixing Colors
Life with Jeannine
We’re GIVING AWAY one board book copy of Colors Everywhere by Sam McBratney.
To enter this contest, just answer the following question in the comments section of this post.
Let’s play along with Little Nutbrown Hare and answer his question, “What blue do you like best?” (Or just say “Hey.” We’re flexible around here.)
One entry per person, please.
No entries after 8:00 pm Central Time, Thursday, June 7, 2012
The winner must be a resident of The United States.
The winner will be selected at random and announced Friday, June 8, 2012. Check back to claim your prize. It might be you!
Sharing this week at