Yes, My House is one big advertisement for IKEA!
I don’t purchase artwork for my kiddos’ rooms. Why would I? My children make the most beautiful artwork and it is certainly frame worthy! After all I am their Mommy. Everything they do is cute. (Well almost everything!*%#*!)
My children are prolific artists and we have quite a few display areas throughout their through rooms. This simple picture ledge from IKEA displays Miss Enigma’s artwork in inexpensive IKEA frames. The ledge also makes a special place for Miss Enigma to display her little mouse Mommy brought back from her first trip to Cambodia.
- I like how the artwork shows many different mediums.
- Above we see both watercolor and a sweet marker illustration of our family, including our dog Shadow.
- A large frame showcases a recent winter collage with paper and lace.
- To the left is a vibrant pastel abstract.
- I like how easily the artwork can be changed out as new art is created.
- A little doll from Aunt Jennifer also finds a spot on the ledge.
- Aunt Jennifer sewed matching dresses for Miss Enigma and her doll. A special keepsake.
Miss Enigma has a looooong bedroom. To make the most of the room her set of antique twin beds sit toe to toe.
Her art shelves act as whimsical bookends to her beds.
- We hung the photo ledges a bit high so Miss Enigma wouldn’t bump her head.
- Twist on the Art Shelf in MacGyver’s Room
Tidy Drilling Tip
- When My Man of Steal hangs all of my stuff he makes a neat little envelope out of paper and staples.
- When he drills the mess falls into the pocket.
- Not one bit of mess for me to clean-up off the bed or floor!
- No Mess!!!
- I’m a lucky girl that way! Jealous? He hangs and doesn’t make a mess! Yes, he’s a good handyman.
- length 45″ (assorted sizes available)
- 8 1/2 x 11 paper size (assorted sizes available)
Life with Jeannine
How do you displays your kiddo’s art?