Magformers Magnetic Building Construction Set – 62 Piece Extreme FX Set
While I was volunteering in Cambodia last summer, the kiddos had a play day at a friend’s house. When I returned from Cambodia, the kiddos were borrowing a set of Magna-Tiles from our little friend. Our Man of Steel, who never pays much attention to toys, informed me, “We need to get a set of those magnet blocks because both kids have been playing with them nonstop.”
Since Magna-Tiles are a bit pricey, I tucked that suggestion away for Christmas. After much research, Santa gifted the children a set of Magformers Magnetic Building Construction Set – 62 Piece Extreme FX Set. The children have been building like crazy and are already saving up for another set.
Connect Flat Shapes to Build 3-D Objects!
The set comes with an Idea Booklet to get the kiddos started.
Connect Shapes on a Flat Surface
Pull from the top . . .
Pull . . .
Ta-dah . . .
A 3-D House
Magformers Freestyle Creations
Three story house with a pool.
I’m considering moving in! I want to take a swim in that flower pool!
A Police Action Boat
An Exoskeleton Robot . . .
With a control seat for the Lego man driver.
An Ocean Safe Zone . . .
With a dolphin submarine that connects and disconnects from the “Safe Zone.”
Want to take a ride?
10 Things We Like about Magformers:
- gender neutral
- wide age range
- the shapes always connect
- magnets are completely encapsulated in the plastic
- encourages imaginative play
- promotes problem solving when planning and building
- teaches how to follow simple directions
- geometric learning
- NO batteries!
Things to Consider:
- Purchase a larger set as 30 pieces really limits building and sharing.
- Purchase a set with pentagons. It opens the door to more building options.
- The best set for the money I found was Magformers Magnetic Building Construction Set – 62 Piece Extreme FX Set.
- My children are now saving for the Transform Set or the Power Construction Set because of the unique attachment pieces.