The kiddos and I are busy adding to our repertoire of snack recipes. Our Berry Creamy Sandwich can easily double as a breakfast recipe. How about that? A snack recipe that is healthy enough to be served at breakfast!
Berry Creamy Sandwiches
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp blueberries
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- waffle iron or toaster
- measuring spoons
Step 1: Carefully toast bread for about 1 minute.
- We turn on the waffle iron as I gather the ingredients allowing it to heat-up a bit.
- If you don’t have a waffle iron, you can toast the bread in the toaster.
- If you have little ones, the toaster will be safer.
Step 2: Spread cream cheese and sprinkle with berries.
- If needed, soften cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds.
- We use frozen organic blueberries.
Step 3: Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- We actually don’t measure the honey and cinnamon in our home.
- I have taught my children how to drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon.
- The kiddos have learned how much is too much! (most of the time)
Step 4: Put together your berry creamy sandwich and enjoy!
I’m not going to lie to you, this is one darn good yummy sandwich. Get your kiddos to make an extra for you!
Just in time for Valentine’s Day we’ll have a twist for you. Next week I’ll have a FREE printable recipe: Berry Creamy Heart Sandwiches.
Print this recipe FREE: Berry Creamy Sandwiches
Life with Jeannine
Sharing this week at: