Looking for a yummy Valentine’s Day Treat? How about our Berry Creamy Heart Sandwiches. They also make a yummy breakfast if you want to surprise everyone with a little berry love Valentine’s Day morning.
Berry Creamy Heart Sandwiches
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp blueberries
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- heart shape cookie cutter
- waffle iron or toaster
- measuring spoons
Step 1: Cut out a heart shape.
Step 2: Carefully toast bread for about 1 minute.
- We turn on the waffle iron as I gather the ingredients allowing it to heat-up a bit.
- If you don’t have a waffle iron, you can toast the bread in the toaster.
- If you have little ones, the toaster will be safer.
Step 3: Spread cream cheese and sprinkle with berries.
- If needed, soften cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds.
- We use frozen organic blueberries.
- You could also use dried blueberries and cherries.
- For a Valentine’s Day Treat, I’m thinking I’ll add a sprinkle of mini dark chocolate chips!
Step 4: Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- We actually don’t measure the honey and cinnamon in our home.
- I have taught my children how to drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon.
- The kiddos have learned how much is too much! (most of the time)
Step 5: Put together your berry creamy heart sandwich and enjoy!
Make one for someone you love!
Print this FREE recipe: Berry Creamy Heart Sandwiches
So you don’t have a heart shape cookie cutter? Never Fear! Of course, I have a low maintenance version!
We’ll begin Valentine’s Day with our Heart shaped pancakes.
- No special tools required!
- Free Printable Pancake Recipe Guide for Children
Sharing this week at: