Week at a Glance:
- Book of the Week GIVEAWAY: Growing Frogs by Vivian French
- word work and sentence writing
- FREE printable book: Life Cycle of a Frog Blank
- FREE printable book: Life Cycle of a Frog Illustrated
- FREE printable cards: Life Cycle of a Frog Illustrated
- FREE printable cards: Life Cycle of a Frog Blank
Book of the Week GIVEAWAY with Read-Along CD : Growing Frogs by Vivian French
Why we love this book:
Read along as a little girl and her mother collect frog spawn from a pond. Bright illustrations chronicle their frog adventure. Through the story and facts on each page, children learn about the life cycle of a frog. If your children are lucky enough to collect frog spawn of their own, the book teaches how to care for the developing tadpoles.
The book is narrated by Alan Marriott, best known for the voices on the Bob the Builder T.V. show.
Life Cycle of a Frog
Alrighty, let me try to summarize all of this:
- I’ve included the Life Cycles of a Frog blank book Miss Enigma illustrated. Your children can create their own illustrations.
- Miss Enigma was so proud of the her illustrated book that she asked me to make her version available for you to print.
- If you have little ones, you may want to print the illustrated version of Life Cycles of a Frog.
- In addition, MacGyver illustrated picture cards of each stage of the frog’s life cycle.
- Little ones can simply glue the correct picture on the correct page of the blank book.
- The cards can also be cut apart and kiddos can put them in the correct order.
- I’ve also included a blank template of the picture cards, so children can create their own illustrations.
So here we go . . .
Word Work and Sentence Writing
I have started a little box of word cards with Miss Enigma. It includes family names and a few easy familiar words. I’ve selected the words from our easy reader books and her journal writing.
- First, I introduced the new word frog. I always write the word card with Miss Enigma. I do not do it before class.
- Next, I dictated the sentence, “I see a frog.”
- Miss Enigma selected the correct word cards from her known words.
- Miss Enigma used the cards to build the sentence, “I see a frog.” She always leaves a finger space between the words.
- Last she wrote the sentence, with spaces between each word and a period at the end of the sentence.
Life Cycle of a Frog Book
FREE printable book
Life Cycle of a Frog Picture Cards
Print this book FREE: Life Cycle of a Frog Blank
Print this book FREE: Life Cycle of a Frog Illustrated
Print these picture cards FREE: Life Cycle of a Frog (blank & illustrated)
We’re GIVING AWAY one copy of Growing Frogs by Vivian French Read-Along CD
To enter this contest, use the Rafflecopter to answer the following question. After you leave a comment, you can move ahead with more entries.
Answer the following question in the comments section of this post.
Have you ever grown frogs, chicks, seeds, crystals, triops . . .? How did it go? (Or just say “Hey.” We’re flexible around here.)
No entries after 11:59 pm Central Time, Thursday, April 11, 2013
The winner must be a resident of The United States.
Sharing this week at: