We are busy transitioning to our back to school routine. One of my homeschooling goals is to raise healthy, independent children. Consequently, cooking is part of our daily homeschool routine. This summer we invented a new recipe to add to the children’s recipe notebook. The children like these Quick Cinnamon Ricotta Strawberry Muffins for breakfast and also as a healthy afternoon snack. Miss Enigma especially enjoys creating the pretty strawberry flower designs.
These Ricotta Strawberry Muffins are also great for Mommy’s on the go!
Quick Cinnamon Ricotta Strawberry Muffins
* 1 whole wheat english muffin * ¼ cup ricotta cheese * 1 tbsp honey * ¼ tsp cinnamon * strawberries
* fork, knife, spoon * measuring spoons and cups * small bowl for mixing
Step 1: Split muffin with a fork.
- I taught my children how to easily split the English muffin with a fork.
Step 2: Carefully toast muffin slices.
- You can toast in the oven, a toaster or use a waffle maker to toast as we did in our Berry Creamy Sandwiches.
Step 3: Mix ricotta, honey and cinnamon.
- My kiddos like a lot of cinnamon. You might want to use less.
Step 4: Carefully slice strawberries.
- I have taught my children safe cutting skills and always supervise when they are cutting.
Step 5: Spread muffin slices with ricotta mixture.
Step 6: Top with strawberries.
Print this FREE recipe: Quick Cinnamon Ricotta Strawberry Muffins
Life with Jeannine
I look forward to sharing a fun homeschool year with your! How are you getting ready for back to school? Are you a go-getter that is already back to school?
Sharing this week at: