Each year we make handmade Valentine Cards for family and friends. Last Friday, I shared some of the ideas I have been collecting on pinterest with my kiddos. They picked their favorites and we began stitching away.
We aren’t quite finished but I thought I’d show you a sample before Valentine’s Day has passed.
Beware . . . we even have Minecraft Valentines ahead . . .
We began our Valentine Card activity with a big rainbow stack of felt and some bling, bling, bling:
- felt heart stickers from Hobby Lobby
- Miss Enigma already has her eye on the bling!
Step 1: Cut Felt Card
- We cut the felt sheets into fourths.
- They fit perfectly into a 4×6 envelop.
Step 1: Plan a design
- The kiddos went to work playing with the materials, making different Valentine Designs.
- We did a lot of playing and manipulating before we began stitching.
Step 4: Stitch the Design Together
- The inexpensive felt hearts with the peel and stick backing made stitching these handmade Valentines much easier!
- Miss Enigma actually stitched on the large pink heart and added a bit of sparkle to embellish her Valentine design.
- We have done several stitching art projects so the kiddos pretty much took off on their own.
Happy Valentine’s Day Grandma!
Valentines Made with Love!
- I like how each Valentine Card is uniquely designed for its recipient. So sweet!
- We are making little tags for each Valentine.
FREE printables: Valentine Sayings
- I’ve put together 2 pages of printable Valentine Sayings.
- The first page contains more traditional sweet Valentine Sayings.
- The second page contains funny and cute Valentine Sayings.
- Children can cut them up or copy the Valentine Sayings.
At the other end of the table . . .
Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day more than a love-struck Minecraft Creeper?
MacGyver can seriously make anything. Recently, he has been making his own stuffed fish animals. Then over the weekend he sewed-up a little dinosaur. He does all of this without any patterns. Hence, one of his other nicknames is Edward Scissor Hands!
He quickly left me in the dust on this little Valentines project. He immediately figured out how to make Minecraft Creepers for his boy cousins. Behold, a face only a Minecraft nut could fall in love with.
Shhhh, don’t tell . . . I’m even working on a Valentine for My Man of Steel.
I do live such a blessed life with my little family! On Valentine’s Day we’ll celebrate with our annual Family Valentines Celebration. The kiddos are busy planning for our little celebration. We keep things simple but it’s just one small way that we show our love for one another. Next week, I’ll share a bit about our simple Family Valentines Celebration.
More handmade Valentine Card Ideas: Heart Stitched Valentine Cards
And More Handmade Valentine Cards: Cupcake Liner and Button Valentine Cards
And still more homemade Valentine Cards: Animal Heart Valentine Postcards
One last Valentine Card Idea: “I Love You” Sign Language Valentine Cards
How are you getting ready for Valentine’s Day?
Sharing this week at: