Look close. Look close. What do you see?
I see a tall giraffe looking at me.
I see myself standing on a hill.
After reading Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert, Grandson # 3 was inspired to gather leaves and create his own leaf collage. He created the collage featured above and brought it to his mother.
In her book Leaf Man, Lois Ehlert shares a brilliant tip! Drum roll please . . . She copies the leaves she uses in her book on a color copier. This way the collages stay true to color and they do not turn into a dried, crumbly mess. Brilliant!
Join Grandson # 3 in creating leaf collage art:
1. read Leaf Man (and related books)
2. gather leaves
3. photo copy the leaves
4. cut-out the leaves
5. design a leaf collage
6. glue design to a piece of paper
7. write about collage leaf creation
8. bring journal with collage art work to Grandma’s House to show-off amazing creation
9. show-up at Aunt Jeannine’s house unannounced to share your excitement over your amazing collage creation
10. be proud of your creativity
Now it’s your turn. What images do you see in the leaves around your home?
Life with Joyce