Do you and your family have a Fire Safety Plan? October is the month to seriously focus on Fire Safety. Last October, Aunt Joyce helped our family put together a Fire Safety Plan. Head on over to our post Fire Safety Tips for Children for important tips, helpful links and recommended read alouds.
Preschool Fire Truck Art Brought to You by Ms. Trisha’s Class!
Four Main Fire Safety Tips:
1. Stop, Drop and Roll
2. Get Out of The House by Crawling Down Low
- Children should be taught that their number one job is to get out of the house.
- Children should be taught how to crawl down low away from the smoke.
- I thought this was an excellent point! Children are always taught to Stop, Drop and Roll. However, it is equally important to teach children how to crawl out of the house below the smoke.
3. Every Family Should Have a Meeting Place
- Pick a place a safe distance from the house: the mailbox, a tree, the neighbor’s house.
- The children should never leave the meeting place until the firefighters arrive.
4. Never Be Afraid of a Firefighters and Their Equipment
- Some children actually hide from Firefighters because their equipment makes them look like a scary monster.
- Familiarize children with the Firefighters equipment.
Life with Jeannine and Joyce