Christmas Toy Review and GIVEAWAY of the week: ZOOB Building Set
Considering the fact that we have a son who has earned the nickname MacGyver, I guess it will not be a surprise to anyone that he has quite a few building sets. Of course he has a big tub of Legos, K”Nex, Uberstix, Snap Circuits, Lincoln Logs . . . and most recently he has acquired a set of ZOOB pieces. The plastic ZOOB pieces easily snap, click, and pop together to make moveable creations.
There are five basic ZOOB pieces that snap together creating movable joints. Children who like Legos will love ZOOB because the pieces take building into a new movable dimension.
ZOOB T-Rex, MacGyver, age 9
Above MacGyver’s T-Rex is on the move. The arms, legs, head and tail can all move.
MacGyver can easily build all types of animals, insects and creatures. And since the pieces can bend at the joints, he can make transformers that change from a jet or animal into a robot. If I were faster with the camera, I would have a transformer picture for you! I can’t keep up with that kid.
Star Wars Pod Racer, MacGyver, age 9
You can also purchase ZOOB sets with wheels opening up new engineering possibilities.
ZOOB Centipede, Miss Enigma, age 6
Little sister even gets in on the ZOOB building fun. You can see that ZOOB pieces can also be used to make patterns.
Why we love ZOOB pieces
- Sparks creativity.
- Develops problem solving skills when creating new designs.
- Gender neutral. Boys and girls love playing with our ZOOB pieces. Yes, little boys who love construction will especially love ZOOB pieces.
- Wide age range. Even little ones can snap together the pieces making chains and patterns. (Choking hazard for children under 3 years.)
- Pieces snap together easily and stay together.
- Parts interchangeable. Sets can be mixed to create new creatures.
- Math manipulative for teaching colors, sorting, patterns, counting, addition, etc.
- No noise! We like toys that don’t make obnoxious noises.
- No batteries required. Enough said.
- Good travel toy. Pop the pieces in a Ziploc baggie and keep the kiddos busy on the plane or in your hotel room.
Life with Jeannine
We’re GIVING AWAY one ZOOB set.
To enter this contest, use the Rafflecopter to answer the following question. After you leave a comment, you can move ahead with more entries.
Do you have any building set fans in your family? (Or just say “Hey.” We’re flexible around here.)
The winner must be a resident of The United States.
Sharing this week at: