These cute 4th of July cupcakes are super duper easy. Baking in my house must be easy or I won’t even go there! My kiddos can decorate these flags with very little assistance. Just use your favorite cake mix and you’re all set. We like to use our mini cupcake recipe, our 2 ingredient cupcake recipe or strawberry cake mix. In the photos below we used our mini cupcake recipe. They were yummy!
- your favorite cupcake recipe
- white icing
- blue sugar sprinkles
- pull ‘n peel Twizzlers
- white sugar pearl balls
Step 1: Ice Cupcakes with White Icing
Step 2: Sprinkle Blue Sugar Square
- We cut a square in a small piece of card-stock as a stencil.
- Careful, the sugar pours out quickly.
It works well to put down a paper towel to collect all of the extra sugar sprinkles.
Step 3: Add Twizzler Stripes
- We simply cut Twizzler stripes with a scissor.
- The Twizzlers are sticky but once you work with them and figure them out a bit they are easy to use.
- Be sure you purchase the pull ‘n peel Twizzlers.
Step 4: Add Pearl Stars
- I did not plan ahead for stars. MacGyver was unhappy with the look of his first cupcake. Never fear, he came up with a solution. He found blue sugar pearl balls and used those as the stars. White sugar pearl balls would be absolutely perfect.
- Thank goodness I have kiddos that are more creative than me!
Happy 4th of July!
And you’ll want to win our Book of the Week GIVEAWAY for the 4th of July: Big George by Anne Rockwell
life with Jeannine
Sharing this week at: