This week in our at school section, I shared our Monkey Bread Math Fractions Lesson. The kiddos love cooking during homeschool. And what better way to apply fractions than cooking? They were so crazy about this simple sweet treat that I made a printable recipe for them to follow. I like cooking with the children during homeschool because it teaches them how to read and follow directions as well as apply mathematics concepts.
If you like combining learning and cooking, head on over to win our Book of the Week GIVEAWAY: Apple Fractions
Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- measuring cups and spoons
- muffin tin
- cutting board
- cupcake liners (I like using silicon cups)
Step 1: Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- We used raw sugar. I can easily find it in my local grocery story.
Step 2: Cut each biscuit into four equal pieces.
Step 3: Roll each biscuit piece in the cinnamon sugar.
Step 4: Assemble biscuit pieces in cupcake liners.
- We used silicon muffin cups. No stick. No Mess.
- You can find them BPA FREE.
And top each with a small pat of butter.
Step 5: Bake in 400 degree oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
Print this FREE recipe guide: Monkey Bread Muffins
Life with Jeannine